Friday, April 27, 2007

My first appointment

I was feeling pretty nervous, since I had no idea what to expect. Also my regular OBGYN Dr. Marshall is actually on maternity leave herself until the end of June, so I am having to see a doctor that works in the same Scripps Del Mar office, Dr. Lim. I've never seen him before, so it was my first time meeting him as well. He made Jeromey and I pretty comfortable. He asked Jeromey if he's ready for this, and J answered that he's been ready for years now. :) I only wish I could answer with the same confidence. We had an ultrasound done, and we got to see and hear the heart beat which was pretty cool. You could even see the tiny thing pulsate. It measured .75cm, and I was told that I am 6 weeks and 3 days. My due date is December 17th, but of course that can change. My original estimate was that I was at 7 weeks already and due date of Dec 14th. So we got our first picture and a bunch of information. Then we sat down in his office, where he made a ton of jokes when asking questions. He asked if I drank a 6 pack a day, and Jeromey started laughing like crazy. Then he told Jeromey to do all the work in the house and help out, that was great!
Overall it was a good visit. I still need to go to the lab to get some blood work done, but otherwise our next appointment is not until June 1st - I'll be around 11 weeks.

pregnancy calendar

No comments: